- Profiles The provided tools are based on the pftools package available at http://www.isrec.isb-sib.ch/ftp-server/pftools/
- Show Profiles : Allows to view profiles of our library. This page also contains profile annotations and results.
- Pfscan : Scan a protein sequence against a profile library. ( pfscan man page )
- Pfsearch : ( password access only) Compares a query profile against a protein sequence database.( pfsearch man page )
- Add/Edit profiles : ( password access only) Add and modify profiles of the database
- Compare results : ( password access only) This tool compares results of pfsearch from different profiles (developed by Julien JORDA).
- Selectseq coming soon...
Reference : Bucher P, Karplus K, Moeri N and Hofmann, K. (1996). A flexible motif search technique based on generalized profiles. Comput. Chem. 20:3-24.
This tool allows to find known motifs in an analyzed protein sequence.
The web interface we developed (Johan LEYRITS and Laurent GUTH) displays sequence alignements of the matching profiles with the query sequence. It also presents a diagram that shows the relative position of the identified motifs within this sequence.
Our web interface generates a graphical view of the pfsearch output that facilites anaylsis of the results. This interface was developed by Julien JORDA, Laurent GUTH and Johan LEYRITS.